Designed with an intuitive user interface and flexible test delivery in mind, the LS Insight application consists of three main parts:
- A standards-aligned test generation platform in which assessments can be quickly created by teachers and administrators. It contains one complimentary test bank with over 8,000 questions, in addition to the ability to create your own additional banks and questions.
- Multiple test delivery methods to meet the disparate technologies in schools across the nation. Delivery methods include online with computers, tablets, or mobile devices; paper/pencil; scanning solutions; as well as whiteboard and clicker delivery.
- A reporting engine that generates reports for the above tests. Test results can be viewed in real-time, dynamically on screen or exported for additional analysis. The LS Insight Assessment Reports are easy to read and use as well as visually stimulating and informative.
LS Insight is a subscription-based system and functionality within each subscription varies. Each subscription will have its own subscription identity (ID). Currently, there are two subscription levels—district and school. Within a subscription, there are users. Users within a subscription have roles and these roles further define rights and functionality.
From the Insight home page, links to the most frequently used functions are available: Create a New Test, create a New Question, create a New Bank, create a New Passage, or Question Approval. Clicking on any of these links will take you directly to those tasks.
A list of recent activities is also located on the Insight home page. This list will show tests, assignments, banks, and other assets that have been recently created by you or shared with you by other users.
To access the various pages that contain the functions for creating and managing tests and viewing test results, use the main navigation bar at the top of every page.
Some of the options take you directly to the associated page, while others have sub menus for various additional options.
Under Item Creation, you can
- Manage the Questions you’ve created or that have been shared with you by bank
- Manage custom-created Questions for review and Approval
- Manage Passages you’ve created or that have been shared with you by bank
- Manage Banks you’ve created or that have been shared with you
- Manage Proficiency Profiles
- Manage Rubrics
Users provides a sub menu of options
Under Users, you can
- Access Subscription Administration (for Subscription Administrators only)
- Access Teacher Tools
Apps provides a sub menu of options
Under Apps, you can
- Access LearningStation Backpack (if your school or district has purchased this module)
- Access Insight Plugins, which is where you will download the bridges for scanning tools and student response devices